The National Organic Program (NOP) recently sent out a list of their 2012 accomplishments. Among the key changes implemented by NOP this year are...
- Improved residue testing requirements.
- The deal changing organic trade partnership with the European Union.
- NOP's new Organic Literacy Initiative.
- Implementation of many National Organic Standards Board recommendations, addressing over 200 National List substances and provided guidance and instructions on multiple topics.
- Better organic integrity via NOP investigations and organic enforcement - which according to NOP, "Led to over $120,000 in civil penalties for violations of the USDA organic regulations" in 2012.
It's been a good year for organics, and the future looks bright. What were some of your favorite organic moments of 2012?