- Carmela Beck, Producer: National Organic Program Supervisor and Organic Certification Grower Liaison for Driscoll's, a well-known organic berry producer; member of the CCOF Government Advisory Counci; member of the Organic Trade Association Mexico Task Force and Latinas in Agriculture.
- Andrea (Zea) Sonnabend, Scientist: Policy Specialist and Organic Inspector Specialist for CCOF, an organic certifier based in California; served on the board of the Organic Materials Review Institute; served on the Organic Seed Alliance; served on the International Organic Inspectors Association; and involved with the California Department of Agriculture Invasive Species Advisory Council.
- Tracy Favre, Environmentalist: Chief Operating Officer for Holistic Management International, an international non-profit group whose mission is to educate about how to manage land sustainably; 17 years of experience working with municipal and industrial clients on watershed management projects as an environmental engineering consultant.
- Harold V. Austin, IV, Handler: Director of Orchard Administration for Zirkle Fruit Company, an organic tree fruit grower and shipper; member of the Washington State Department of Agriculture's Organic Advisory Board; member of the Northwest Horticultural Council's Science Advisory Board; and member of Washington State University's Leadership Team.
- Jean Richardson, Ph.D., Consumer / Public Interest: Professor Emerita of Natural Resources, Environmental Studies and Geography at the University of Vermont; maple syrup producer, organic inspector and independent contractor for matters relating to rural development, agriculture and the environment; served on the board of directors of the Vermont Natural Resources Council, Northwest Medical Center, and the National Wildlife Federation.
Deputy Secretary Kathleen Merrigan notes, "As the board serves a critical role in the direction of the USDA National Organic Program, we are pleased to welcome these individuals, chosen for their expertise and familiarity with organic issues."