In case you haven't heard one of the largest events for the organic industry is happening soon - in October.
The Event: Natural Products Expo East.
When: Education & Events will be taking place Wednesday-Saturday, October 13-16, 2010, while the Trade Show is happening Thursday-Saturday, October 14-16, 2010.
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
415 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210 USA
Natural Products Expo East is the largest natural, organic and healthy products trade show on the East Coast, and this year it's extra huge because the expo is actually co-located with the following events:
- The Organic Summit
- Organic Harvest Festival
- Organic Products Expo - BioFach America
- All Things Organic Conference & Trade Show
- Healthy Baking Seminar
The main expo, which is ranked as one of the top 200 tradeshows in the U.S. by TradeShow Week magazine, draws up to 25,000 international industry professionals plus features 1,500 booths showcasing brand new trends in the organic industry along with natural gourmet, natural and organic health and beauty, organic pet, organic supplement and natural living products.
Who Should Attend?
Natural Products Expo East is open to natural and organic industry professionals such as manufacturers, buyers, retailers and qualifying media, while the co-located Organic Summit is perfect for the following individuals:
- Senior Management Teams who manage organic brands or programs in food, textile and health & beauty.
- Executives or other owner/managers considering transition into the organic market.
- Marketing personnel or product development directors.
- Organic farmers.
- Procurement directors, manufacturing and distribution executives.
- Organic policy and regulatory experts and legal community representing patent issues, sustainable agriculture and water rights.
- Food and agriculture policy leaders and philanthropists.
- Socially responsible investors.
- Journalists covering food and agriculture issues.
Everything sounds awesome, but I'm most interested in the Organic Summit. The Summit's goal is to:
"Provides a singular opportunity for all groups to come together and have equal voice and participate in the discussion shaping the future of organic... From family farmers to large scale manufacturers, co-ops to big box, NGOs to academics."
Plus, there's going to be some really cool presentations such as:
- Opening Keynote: Growing Organic in a Discount Culture
- Ingredient and Manufacturing Trends for Organic Product Development
- The Organic Communication Plan for Non-GMO Message
- Communicating the Value of Organic in the Context of Health and Wellness
- And more!
It's a lot of info to digest if you'd like to attend. I suggest you start off by taking a look at the Natural Products Expo East main website. This site has a nice tidy sidebar that includes registration information.
Images Courtesy © 2010 Penton Media